Thursday, December 29, 2011

{Grammar} 누구세요? - Who are you?


1)____________[이]세요(______[i]seyo) honorific form of "be"
This form is used with nouns to show more respect for an elder you are talking about. if the preceding noun ends in a consonant, then "-이세요(-iseyo)"is used. If the precedig noun ends in a vowel, then "-세요(-seyo)" is used. Otherwise, simply use"-이에요/예요(-ieyo/yeyo)" endings when referring to someone not older than you.
자음[Consonant]+이세요
삼촌+이세요 : 이분은 제 삼촌이세요(ibun-eun je samchon-iseyo). This man is my uncle.
선생님+이세요:이분은 선생님이세요(ibun-eun seonsaengnim-iseyo). This person is my teacher.
모음[Vowel]+세요
아버지+세요: 이분은 아버지세요(ibun-eun abeojiseyo). This man is my father.
어머니+세요:이분은 어머니세요(ibun-eun eomeoniseyo).This woman is my mother.

A: 이분은 누구세요(ibun-eun nuguseyo)? - Who is this lady?
B: 제 어머니세요(je eomeoniseyo)? - this is my mother.



2)_________[으]세요(_____[e]useyo). honorific form of 'verb'
This form is used when you wish to speak about the subject of the sentence in a formal manner or when you want to speak about a fact. If the verb ends in a consonant, "-으세요(-euseyo)" is used. If the verb ends in a vowel. then'-세요(-seyo)'is used. when you are not speaking about someone of a elevated position,you may simply use the"-아/어요(-a/eoyo)"form.

자음[consonant]+으세요(euseyo)
입+으세요: 아버지가 코트를 입으세요(abeojiga koteuleul ib-euseyo) - my father is wearing a coat.
앉+으세요: 어머니가 앉으세요(eomeoniga anj-euseyo) - my mother is sitting.
모음[vowel]+세요(seyo)
오+세요: 할아버지가 오세요(hal-abeojiga oseyo) - my grandfather is coming.
쉬+세요: 할머니가 쉬세요(halmeoniga swiseyo) - my grandmother is resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;