Monday, December 5, 2011

{Dialogue} 어디서 오셨어요? - Where are you from?


A) 어디서 오셨어요?(Eodiseo osyeoss-eoyo?) - Where are you from?  
B) 저는_________에서 왔어요(Jeoneun_________eseo wass-eoyo) - I am from (nationality, town, city)

"저는_________에서 왔어요(Jeoneun_________eseo wass-eoyo)"you can make a sentece by filling the blank with your country,your city or hometown.
저는 한국에서 왔어요(Jeoneun hangug-eseo wass-eoyo) - I'm from Korea
저는 중국에서 왔어요(Jeoneun jung-gug-eseo wass-eoyo) - I'm from China
저는 방콕에서 왔어요(Jeoneun bangkog-eseo wass-eoyo)- I'm from Bangkok.
한국(hangug)=Korea
중국(jung-gug)=China
태국(taegug)=Thailand
미국(migug)=USA
독일(dog-il)= Germany
호주(hoju)=Australia

저(jeo) = I (pronoun)
Both 나(Na) and  저(jeo)mean "I" in English. 저(jeo) is used when we address a person considered senior to us in status. 저(jeo) can also be deferential. 나(na) is used in casual situations. For example, we would use 저(jeo) when we talk to our teacher whereas 나(na) is appropriate among friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;